Friday, February 25, 2011

Conversations at Work - This better not be the Jerky Boys.

And now, for something a little different.

Occasionally, the interactions we have with our customers don't really seem to work in letter form.  Sometimes, the conversation itself needs to tell the story.

This was a phone conversation between Shannon, one of my former coworkers(as well as a long-time friend of mine) and a customer.  Now, Shannon has a certain way with words, especially when dealing with customers.  This guy had a rather prominent New Jersey accent, which sells it.  Think of Carl, the neighbor from Aqua Teen Hunger Force, while you read this one.  As I recall, it went something like this -

Shannon - How may I help you?
Customer - Yeah.  I was just in there, and a got a coffee.
Shannon - Was there a problem, sir?
Customer -Yeah.  The damn top came off.  I spilled it on my shirt, and my trousers, and my crotch.
Shannon - Excuse me?
Customer - Yeah.  I spilled it on my shirt, and my trousers, and my crotch.
Shannon - Wow.  That must have sucked, sir.
Customer - You're damn right it sucked!
Shannon - Well, sir, is there anything you'd like us to do?
Customer - No.  I just wanted to let you know I spilled my coffee on my shirt, and my trousers, and my crotch.

No comments:

Post a Comment