Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Great moments in work history - The devil is in the details.

 Ah, my brief stint as a waitress.  There's three weeks of my life I'm never getting back.


And yes, I said "waitress".  I know the term now is "server", but I'd prefer to be known as a "waitress".  I don't care what anyone says - "server" sounds so much more demeaning.

Dear customers -

See the caption on the photo of the steamed vegetables in the menu?  See where it says "enlarged to show detail"?  Yeah.  It's enlarged to show detail.  I don't think cauliflower grows that large without genetic modification.  I don't think that would be something I'd care to eat, but that's just me.

  I don't know how many times I need to say this - you aren't entitled to free shit because you're fucking stupid.  You bitched to the manager enough that you got a second bowl of vegetables.  You don't get a free rack of ribs because you have no common sense.  Obviously, you are not a vegetarian, and you better not have any dietary issues if you're demanding free pork.  Why you're going to a fucking steakhouse for steamed vegetables is beyond me.

Signed,
Your disgruntled waitress.

1 comment: