Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Welcome to my world. We have coffee.

Dear Readers -

I feel a proper introduction is in order. Call me Valentine. You'll probably come to know me better as The Disgruntled Barista. I've spent a good portion of my adult life working in a coffee shop, and with the public in general. In my line of work, there are always stories to tell. These stories will be presented in letter form - all the things I'd love to say to certain customers, but would face certain termination for doing so.

Before we get started, I do want to make clear that I am actually quite fond of the majority of my customers. Some people, however, have the uncanny ability to fuck up one's whole world - at least momentarily - in a matter of seconds. This blog is devoted to these particular customers. Some of these postings will be based on current happenings in my workplace; others are based on my experiences over the years. It's cathartic.

Most of these letters will simply be addressed, "Dear Customers". Occasionally, a letter will show up addressed to a particular person. Real names will not be used. Instead, I will choose a name that suits that particular person. This is for purposes of anonymity, as well as my own amusement.

So, here I am. Rock you like a hurricane.

Signed,
Your Disgruntled Barista.

1 comment:

  1. It's true. Most people suck and don't deserve sympathy.

    Thanks a latte for your posts regarding your daily grind. So many drips out there need to exposed for the insensitive and just downright rude way in which they treat those that make and handle their java. Ya may not have that chance to give em what for in person, but when you write your letters you've got 'em by the beans. Well done.

    ReplyDelete