Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cell phones and soccer moms - the newest Horsemen of the Apocalypse?

Dear customers -

For the love of all that's holy, get off your fucking cell phones when you come in to order drinks.  It's fucking common courtesy.  If I ask for your drink order while you're on the phone, it's because I need to take your order, not because I want to interrupt your conversation.  Don't "shush" me, and don't get all bitchy about it.  If it were up to me, I would just skip over you and move on to the next customer - one who has the decency to put their phone away while ordering drinks.

The same goes for those of you who get mad at me for interrupting your conversations with your bimbo soccer mom friends standing in line with you.  No one gives a fuck about your hair appointment, your PTA meeting, or your Pap smear.  Order your fucking drink already.

Finally, if I ask you to repeat your drink order, it's because I can't hear you.  Chances are, this has something to do with the customers who are talking on their cell phones, and the ones standing in line chatting with their asshole friends.  It may also have to do with the fact that there are coffee grinders and steam wands running at any given time.  It gets a bit loud in here.  If I ask for your order a second time, please say it louder, not slower.  I'm not an idiot.  I just can't fucking hear your.  Shut the fuck up and pay attention, instead of constantly being wrapped up in your own pathetic lives.

Signed,
Your disgruntled(and potentially hearing-impaired) barista.

P.S - Seriously, go fuck yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment